cftextarea bug

Came across an interesting bug today with CFTEXTAREA. Not a bug with ColdFusion, but a bug with the Homesite update files from Adobe. Below is how Homesite filled in the tag using their WYSIWYG:

<cftextarea name="commentmessage" message="Please enter a comment" disabled="No" required="Yes" enabled="Yes" visible="Yes" richtext="Yes" skin="default" width="550" height="300" toolbar="Basic"></cftextarea>

As you can see, it has enabled="Yes", and disabled="No". Kind of strange to have them both as options, and I've never really recognized it before this problem came up. I had simply updated my Homesite files with the tag and help files from Adobe.

When I went to submit the form, the "commentmessage" form variable was not passed in the form scope. I believe this is from the browser interpreting having "disabled" anywhere in the textarea.

I simply removed both variables(since ColdFusion defaults CFTEXTAREA to enabled="yes"), and all is well.

<cftextarea name="commentmessage" message="Please enter a comment" required="Yes" visible="Yes" richtext="Yes" skin="default" width="550" height="300" toolbar="Basic"></cftextarea>

Hope this helps someone out there.

Comments (Comment Moderation is enabled. Your comment will not appear until approved.)
BlogCFC was created by Raymond Camden. This blog is running version 5.8.001.